Gavin R. O’Hara has been a paralegal and IT Manager in the firm’s San Diego office for over 20 years. Gavin has been an integral part of litigation teams that have prosecuted some of the Firm’s most high-profile cases. He has extensive experience in large discovery projects, trial preparation, and creating demonstrative exhibits such as charts, tables, flow-charts and timelines for court filings, court hearings and trial opening and closing presentations. Gavin also provides network administration for all users in the San Diego office.
Gavin R. O’Hara
Paralegal | San Diego, CA
- In re McKesson HBOC, Inc. Securities Litigation, No. C-99-20743-RMW, before the Honorable Ronald M. Whyte in the Northern District of California, which resulted in settlements totaling $1.052 billion, the largest securities fraud class action recovery in the Northern District of California.
- In re Apollo Group Inc. Securities Litigation, No. CV-04-2147 PHX-JAT , (D. Ariz.), before the Honorable James A. Teilborg in the District of Arizona, which resulted in a $145 million recovery for injured shareholders after a two-month jury trial with a unanimous verdict for investors, and a prolonged appellate process.
- In re Applied Micro Circuits Corp. Securities Litigation, No. 01-CV-0649-K (AJB), before the Honorable Judith N. Keep in the Southern District of California, which resulted in a $60 million settlement for investors.
- In re Chiron Shareholder Deal Litigation, Case No. RG 05-230567, before the Honorable Robert B. Freedman in the California Superior Court for Alameda County, which challenged the proposed acquisition of Chiron Corp. by Novartis AG in 2005. After extensive discovery and injunction practice, Novartis agreed to increase the offering price from its initial offer of $40 per share to the final price of $48, a benefit to the class of approximately $880 million.
- Thomas & Thomas Rodmakers, Inc., et al. v. Newport Adhesives and Composites, et al. (Carbon Fiber Antitrust Litigation), No. CV-99-07796-GHK(Ctx), before the Honorable Florence Marie Cooper in the Central District of California, Western Division, which resulted in settlements totaling $67.5 million.
- Willoughby, et al. v. Abbott Laboratories, Case No. 1:22-cv-01322, before the Honorable Nancy L. Maldonado in the Northern District of Illinois.
- In re Plum Baby Food Litigation, Case No. 2:21-cv-00913, before the Honorable Yvonne Gonzalez Rogers in the Northern District of California.
- National University
San Diego, CA | B.A., Legal Studies, 1999