Joseph J. Morrison has been a paralegal with the Firm for over 20 years. Joe has been an integral part of the litigation teams that have prosecuted some of the Firm’s most high-profile cases. He has extensive experience in all phases of large discovery programs, organizing and managing paper and e-discovery, preparing for and assisting with deposition programs, and supporting trial preparation and prosecution. He has also developed valuable legal research skills throughout his career.
Joseph J. Morrison
Paralegal | Philadelphia, PA
- In re WorldCom, Inc. Securities Litigation, Master File No. 02-Civ-3288 (DLC), before the Honorable Denise L. Cote in the Southern District of New York, which yielded a record-breaking recovery of $6.19 billion for the class.
- Pennsylvania Public School Employees’ Retirement System v. Bank of America Corp., et al., Civil Action No. 1:11-cv-733-WHP, before the Honorable William H. Pauley, III, in the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York, which settled after nearly six years of intensive litigation for $335 million.
- In re Apollo Group Inc. Securities Litigation, No. CV-04-2147 PHX-JAT , (D. Ariz.), before the Honorable James A. Teilborg in the District of Arizona, which resulted in a $145 million recovery for injured shareholders after a two-month jury trial with a unanimous verdict for investors, and a prolonged appellate process.
- Rubin v. MF Global, Ltd., et al., Case No. 1:08cv2233-VM, before the Honorable Victor Marrero in the Southern District of New York, which settled for $90 million after the Second Circuit Court of Appeals reversed the trial court’s dismissal of the complaint.
- Becker v. BNY Mellon Trust Co., N.A., Civil Action No. 2:11-cv-06460 (JRS), before the Honorable Juan R. Sanchez in the Eastern District of California, which settled on the last day of trial, shortly before closing arguments, for $13.5 million on behalf of a class of bondholders of Lower Bucks Hospital.
- In re Lincoln Nat’l COI Litigation and In re: Lincoln Nat’l 2017 COI Rate Increase Litigation, Case Nos. 16-cv-06605-GJP and 17-cv-04150-GJP, before the Honorable Gerald J. Pappert in the Eastern District of Pennsylvania.
- In re Vroom, Inc. Securities Litigation, Case No. 1:21-cv-02477-PGG, before the Honorable Paul G. Gardephe in the Southern District of New York.
- In re Dentsply Sirona, Inc. Securities Litigation, Case No. 1:18-cv-07253-NG-PK, before the Honorable Nina Gershon in the Eastern District of New York.
- In re Generic Pharmaceuticals Pricing Antitrust Litigation, Case No. 2:16-md-02724-CMR, before the Honorable Cynthia M. Rufe in the Eastern District of Pennsylvania.
- In re Evenflo Company, Inc., Marketing, Sales Practices and Products Liability Litigation, Case No. 1:20-md-02938-DJC, before the Honorable Denise J. Casper in the District of Massachusetts.
- In re: Delta Dental Antitrust Litigation, Civil Action No. 19-cv-06734, before the Honorable Elaine E. Bucklo in the Northern District of Illinois.
- In re: Philips Recalled CPAP, Bi-Level PAP, and Mechanical Ventilator Products Litigation, MDL No. 3014, before the Honorable Joy Flowers Conti in the Western District of Pennsylvania.
- Community College of Philadelphia
Philadelphia, PA | Associates Degree 1984
- Philadelphia Institute
Philadelphia, PA | Paralegal Certification 1996